Phones 4u Tech Support

Please be aware this site will function better using a more up to date broswer

For a more compatible browser please visit one of the sites below.

Firefox   -  Google Chrome - Internet Explorer - Safari

Search

Help & Support

Day Times
Monday: 09:00 - 20:00
Tuesday: 09:00 - 20:00
Wednesday: 09:00 - 20:00
Thursday: 09:00 - 20:00
Friday: 09:00 - 11:30
12:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 17:30

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Jan 24, 2012 at 2:09:09 PM) usmangani
0 followers
Phones 4 U Repair
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:22:31 PM  |  #1
[Archived]  

I purchased a Blackberry 8520 in April 2011. So this is currently in warranty as confirmed by phones 4 u at first. It developed a fault over a period of time and it wouldn't charge, thus the phone lost its charge and then wouldn't turn on. Now, how is this classed as physical damage? if the phone stops charging over time what is my fault in this? on top of that its in warranty. So, i sent it off to the repair centre, I kept a track of the phone on-line it had said 'Warranty-Yes' at first. After a week this had changed to 'no', this is absolutely disgusting as i've done no damage to it myself and the phone stopped charging itself! Now the repair centre are demanding a £48 pound repair !!! The phone brand new is worth only £100. So a repair of that value is way too extreme for a phone thats only worth £48 pound. It should be FREE considering I still have warranty. I also phoned up the phones 4 u customer service team twice as recommended by the repair team and they told me they can't do nothing about it. Absolutely rubbish, I bought two phones from phones 4 u in 2011. In the future I'll be buying none. I was told because the usb port does not work the warranty has been voided. That is not my fault and is not good customer service at all. If this cannot be sorted out with phones 4 u, I will have to go to carphonewarehouse who repair any phone regardless of it being bought from them Or not!! However, I would rather phones 4 u help me!!!!!!! its been two weeks now and this is dragging on. 

Repair job number: (Removed for Security)

(Last Login: Jan 24, 2012 at 2:09:09 PM) usmangani
0 followers
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:24:04 PM  |  #2
[Archived]  

for a phone thats only worth £100 *

(Last Login: Sep 30, 2012 at 1:47:51 PM) becky b
becky b
0 followers
Jan 24, 2012 at 6:02:40 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  

Hi usmangani & welcome to the forums, 

I have had to edit your post for security reasons. 

I am sorry to hear your handset developed a fault and you have had to send this to our repair centre for a repair. If your handset is within 12 months of the date of purchase then we would request this is sent away to be assessed for a repair. Once the repair centre receive any handset they will diagnose the handset to confirm that it is covered by the warranty and that there is no Physical Damage or Liquid Damage on the handset. 

Upon receipt of your handset to the repair centre it seems from your post it was diagnosed as being subject to user damage. This would result in the repair centre not being able to repair your handset free of charge under the warranty. There may not seem to have been any Physical Damage to the exterior of the handset, however as the inner workings of a mobile phone are complex, any application of pressure or impact can cause internal damage. 

Should you be unhappy to have the handset repaired with the charge advised from the repair centre you are welcome to arrange the handset to be returned back to you. This will allow you the option to seek a second opinion on the handset from another manufacturers repair centre or the manufacturers directly. You can contact BlackBerry on 01753 667 000 to arrange this or confirm where your local manufacturers repair centre is. 

If you would like to discuss any information further you can also log onto our Live Chat Service online. Our Live Chat is available from 9am – 8pm, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm Saturday and 10am – 5:30pm Sunday.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 241
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this