Phones 4u Tech Support

Please be aware this site will function better using a more up to date broswer

For a more compatible browser please visit one of the sites below.

Firefox   -  Google Chrome - Internet Explorer - Safari

Search

Help & Support

Day Times
Monday: 09:00 - 20:00
Tuesday: 09:00 - 20:00
Wednesday: 09:00 - 11:30
12:00 - 20:00
Thursday: 09:00 - 20:00
Friday: 09:00 - 11:30
12:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 17:30

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Aug 18, 2011 at 8:53:40 AM) bren
0 followers
Samsung Galaxy S2 Internet connection
Aug 18, 2011 at 8:57:40 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  

For some reason, I cannot connect to the internet at all on my new phone, unless I am at home connected to my wireless network.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to enable this please?  currently I cannot access internet, any apps that require internet connection, emails or even the weather setting.

I did put this down to network coverage by this morning my wife had her phone (same as mine through same network provider) and her's connected immediately whilst mine wouldnt.

Many thanks in advance.

(Last Login: Oct 14, 2011 at 6:27:08 PM) jen palmer
jen palmer
0 followers
Aug 18, 2011 at 10:38:17 AM  |  #2
[Archived]  

Hi bren & welcome to the forums,

The only reasons I can think of for their being a problem with an internet connection that wont allow you to connect at all would be as follows:-

Your internet settings are not correct on the handset, this can be checked by giving your network provider a quick call and they will make sure all of the settings are right for you.

There is no internet allowance included in your tariff, if there should be internet allowance as part of your tariff then this will be detailed on your contract documents. If this is showing that there should be internet then you'll need to call your network to ask why they aren't allowing your phone to connect. If the tariff doesn't say anything about internet allowance then you can contact our Live Chat team who will be able to check this for you.

I hope that this has helped Smile

(Last Login: Jul 17, 2012 at 1:06:13 PM) ccdavis01
0 followers
Jul 17, 2012 at 1:07:23 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  

Bren,

Were you ever able to get a connection?  My unit has started doing the same thing.  If you can remember how it was fixed could you please reply?

Thanks

(Last Login: Jun 21, 2014 at 4:26:10 PM) sarah m
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:40:26 PM  |  #4
[Archived]  

Good afternoon ccdeavis01 and welcome to the forums

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Internet.  We do have an excellent technical support team who can assist you if your phone has only just developed this problem.  You can contact them on 08448 712233 and they will be able to talk you through any remedial action that you can take.  If you still have problems after that please come to our Live Chat service where we can investigate further for you.

I hope that this helps Smile

(Last Login: Jul 19, 2012 at 9:56:13 PM) hminney
0 followers
Jul 19, 2012 at 9:57:49 PM  |  #5
[Archived]  

My Galaxy S2 stops connecting to the internet every so often.  I can't connect to data (or email) via wireless, or phone signal.

The solution that works for me is to take the battery out.  No idea why it works, and it isn't a long-term solution, but if this happens to you then at least you know there is a solution.  

It works best if you take the battery out whilst the phone is still switched ON!

(Last Login: Jun 21, 2014 at 4:26:10 PM) sarah m
Jul 20, 2012 at 9:18:52 AM  |  #6
[Archived]  

Good morning hminney and welcome to the forums

Remember that if you're having problems with your handset, and you purchased it less than 12 months ago, you will be covered by the warranty so you can take advantage of the free repair service.  It is probably best to contact our Technical Support Team first (on 08448 712233), but if they can't resolve the issue for you, please contact us on Live Chat so that we can advise you of the warranty repair process.

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 11229
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this