Phones 4u Tech Support

Please be aware this site will function better using a more up to date broswer

For a more compatible browser please visit one of the sites below.

Firefox   -  Google Chrome - Internet Explorer - Safari

Search

Help & Support

Day Times
Monday: 09:00 - 20:00
Tuesday: 09:00 - 20:00
Wednesday: 09:00 - 20:00
Thursday: 09:00 - 20:00
Friday: 09:00 - 12:00
12:30 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 17:30

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Aug 15, 2013 at 4:17:50 PM) johnwmcc
0 followers
HTC Sync Manager just won't run withouth crashing on Windows 7 64 bit
Aug 15, 2013 at 4:25:43 PM  |  #1

I've tried every new version of Sync Manager since getting my HTC One new about three months ago.

EVERY TIME I try to run it, it tries to access all my media, spends many minutes indexing them, gets anywhere from 60% to 95% through on the progress bar, then crashes out.

As a result (and because I can't seem to find a way of stopping it trying to read my media) I haven't every been able to sync the phone to Outlook Contacts or emails. Crashes every single time.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled countless times, but have now given up trying.

Support initially suggested uninstalling Adobe Air, which I did. Makes no difference. Said to try a newer version of Sync Manager, but the POLISH version. I said no.

I've tried every later version of Sync Manager up to the version current as of a couple of weeks ago, with no improvement. Crash guaranteed, every time.

For your flagship phone, I don't think this is good enough, and at least some other people are having the same problem, with no solution yet found.

What else can I try to work around this? Or how can I get some log information to you to allow the problem to be properly diagnosed?

It's a lovely phone in its own right, but this inability to sync with Outlook (2013 version) is driving me nuts.

John McClenahan

Tags Tags: Products > HTC
At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Apr 4, 2013 at 12:07:13 PM) brian marland
brian marland
Aug 19, 2013 at 9:25:53 AM  |  #2

Hi Johnwmcc, sounds like you have tried a lot! Is your outlook desktop based and offline or via an email account? My hotmail one has changed to Outlook.com and I have everything just sycing to my phone through that...is this something you have tried? As for the HTC Sync I have HTC Sync on both my works laptop and home pc and not had a problem. Is the problem with the computer 'seeing' the device or actually syncing to it? ....or is it just with the cataloging of your content on first boot up? I have had no issues on the latest version and not hear dof it crashing so it would be interesting to try and find out if possible. Thanks

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 920
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this