Phones 4u Tech Support

Please be aware this site will function better using a more up to date broswer

For a more compatible browser please visit one of the sites below.

Firefox   -  Google Chrome - Internet Explorer - Safari

Search

Help & Support

Day Times
Monday: 09:00 - 20:00
Tuesday: 09:00 - 20:00
Wednesday: 09:00 - 11:30
12:00 - 20:00
Thursday: 09:00 - 20:00
Friday: 09:00 - 11:30
12:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 17:30

At beginning of post row.
(Last Login: Feb 11, 2012 at 11:15:26 AM) lightdave
0 followers
Disgusted by Phones 4 u insurance
Feb 11, 2012 at 11:24:46 AM  |  #1
[Archived]  

When I took out my mobile contract I was told that I had to have mobile insurance for the first 3 months (paid for by phones 4 u) to get the deal I was offered. Naturally I forgot about the insurance for a few more months paying £10 a month which I believe to be outrageously expensive. What I was neglected to be told about when taking the insurance was the ridiculous excess they expect you to pay for ANY claim. 

To have a small chip in a screen fixed would cost me £50 excess + £10 a month I had been paying for the insurance. Where is the benefit for the insurance here?! 

When I complained to phones for you the advisor, after a few minutes trying to convince me by laying out statistics of how many phones get stolen each year, hung up on me. If I'm paying £10 a month on a phone that costs at the most £400 new then I shouldn't expect to pay £50 to fix it!

DON'T GET PHONE INSURANCE IT'S A SCAM!! You'd be better off paying the extra £2 a month on home insurance and using that.

Tags Tags: Networks, Online purchases and joining Phones 4u, Products, Protecting my Phone
(Last Login: Sep 30, 2012 at 1:47:51 PM) becky b
becky b
0 followers
Feb 11, 2012 at 5:38:28 PM  |  #2
[Archived]  

Hi lightdave & welcome to the forums, 

I am sorry to hear you have not had a reasonable service relating to the insurance on you handset. Any cancellation would need to have been done through the insurance company Policy Administration Services, if this is not cancelled the cost per month would be explained in your paperwork from point of sale along with all the policy details. 

As we cannot discuss account information on the forums, I would recommend to log onto our Live Chat Service online to discuss this in more detail. Our Live Chat Service is available from 9am – 8pm, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm Saturday and 10am – 5:30pm Sunday. 

(Last Login: Apr 11, 2012 at 10:48:13 AM) tolima
0 followers
Apr 10, 2012 at 12:53:38 PM  |  #3
[Archived]  

I took out insurance on 23rd March I paid £39.99  and then decided I didn't want it so in order to comply with the insirance agreement I wrote a letter to policy adminstration on 27th March . I heard nothing so telephoned policy administration only be told firstly they couldn't trace me and secondly I would not have paid for the insuance in one payment. I have produced the relevant credit catd payment details for the £39.99 sending this recorded delivery and still have not had any reponse. Must I contact the Small Claims Court to obtain a refund. This is the worst service I have ever received 

(Last Login: Feb 7, 2013 at 7:24:09 PM) stephen f
stephen f
Apr 10, 2012 at 4:21:52 PM  |  #4
[Archived]  

Hi tolima & welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Depending on the type of insurance you are purchasing can vary the amount you pay and method that you pay for this.

Due to the nature of the forum and it being a public service we are unable to discuss account specific queries. I would advise to log on to our Live Chat service where one of my colleagues can advise further.

Our Live Chat Team are available from 9am – 8pm, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm Saturday and 10am – 5:30pm Sunday. (Please note due to the Easter Bank holiday these may change)

stephen_flynn_sig.png

Number of people who have bookmarked this Bookmarked by: 0  
Number of times this has been viewed Read by: 1746
Options
Subscribe with RSS Subscribe with RSS
:
Members who like this